A Meeting with Consumer Advocates : Future State of Mental Health & Addiction Services
A Meeting with Consumer Advocates Future State of Mental Health Addiction Services The Consumer Reference Education Project of the Access Point invites consumer/peer advocates to our follow-up meeting of the Service Users Educational Project Wednesday April 20th 2016 3:00 – 5:00 pm MUST RSVP at email@example.com Inquiries phone (416) 535-8501 Ext 33013 […]Keep Reading >
The CRG wants to hear from you!
The Toronto Mental Health and Addictions Access Point Dear fellow consumers/service users, We are writing you today to share information and update you on the work of the Consumer Reference Group (CRG) of The Toronto Mental Health and Addictions Access Point. The CRG provides input and advice to The Access Point from the perspective of […]Keep Reading >
The Consumer Reference Group
The Access Point has an advisory committee called the Consumer Reference Group (CRG). Consumer input is integral to ensuring The Access Point reflects and addresses the needs of the people it seeks to serve. The Consumer Reference Group is responsible for the provision of advice and guidance to The Access Point, its lead Agency and its Coordinator. Involvement in the Consumer Reference Group requires attendance at quarterly meetings (4 times a year). (See terms of reference below for more detail).
News from the CRG
Members of The Access Point Consumer Reference Group learn and contribute to the rapid changes taking place in the mental health system in the Toronto area. Topics that have been reviewed include:
- Plans by the system on how to make specific groups of people top priority for housing and services
- Results showing how long people are waiting for housing and challenges in providing the type of places that people want to live in
- Brainstorming ideas developed by system planners to improve the way people apply for services
- Results of client satisfaction surveys of people’s experience using The Access Point services
Future topics to consider are:
- Regular updates on results for waiting times for housing and individual services through The Access Point
- How other system reforms, like Health Links, will have an impact upon people applying for community mental health services
The CRG wants to connect with other groups of consumers to learn from each other and be better able to contribute to system change that works for consumers.
The Access Point is a network of many community and hospital mental health organizations across Toronto. Many of these have advisories or other ways that consumers/clients/tenants provide feedback on services. If you’re a member of a client advisory group, we invite you to connect with the CRG. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant Bill of Rights
Right #1 Right to be Treated with Respect Every applicant: is a person first, and has the right to be treated with respect. has the right to be treated in a respectful manner, regardless of her/his race, culture, colour, heritage, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, class/economic position, sexual orientation, gender identity, diagnosis, inpatient […]Keep Reading >